When a participant finishes or drops out of a study, there are several steps that you must take to ensure data security and integrity.
- Terminate the participant’s action plan. From the NUCoach console dashboard, click the blue arrow to the left of the participant’s Action Plan. Select the first option in red text–Terminate Action Plan. (Do NOT select Delete Action Plan. This will result in lost data.)
- Delete the participant’s phone number and terminate their sensor subscription(s). Log into the participant’s account using the mobile interface: https://nucoach.org/mobile. (To properly view this, select Options on your internet browser, then More Tools, then Developer Tools. This should allow you to see the display as a smartphone.) In their Profile, change the phone number to 000-000-0000 and save. Scroll down to sensor subscriptions, and select a sensor that says Linked. On the next screen, select the option to Unlink. This will prevent participants from receiving additional messages.
- Mark the Action Plan status as Dropped or Completed. This will inform other coaches that they do not need to follow up with this participant.
There are several types of user roles available in NUCoach.
- Clients are study participants. They can view their own Action Plans (created by their Coach), complete activities, and contact their Coach through the NUCoach mobile app. Clients can only have one active project at a time.
- Coaches can manage activities for and communicate with Client users. Multiple users can be Coaches on a single project, and a single user can be a Coach on multiple projects at the same time. Coaches cannot add users to projects–they must request this from the Manager.
- Managers control user and project access. Managers can add users and modules to projects. They can also send communicate with users.
- Developers have access to the module builder, which is how NUCoach grows! Modules that are verified can be added to research projects.
One user can have multiple roles. For instance, one user can be a Client and a Coach on a single project, a Coach on several additional projects, and a Developer.
To create a NUCoach user:
- Go to https://nucoach.org/console/#!/login and click Sign Up
- Required fields: name, username, password, email, and cellphone number (date of birth and gender are optional). You must accept the Terms of Service by clicking the check box.
- Click Preview. If everything is correct, click Looks Good, Sign Me Up.
- Congratulations, you have signed up for NUCoach!
Although you have created an account, you will not have access to any content or features until you are given a role on a project.